Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Not Fun When You're Sober

I believe in signs. I believe in destiny, too, but that's irrelevant. So, yesterday, I happened to see a full double rainbow. Now, as much as I hate to admit it, I've always been something of a rainbow freak, and the sight of that too-bloody-awesome-to-be-true arc in the clear post-rain sky gave me a lot to think about.

See, I was quite depressed yesterday, and when I'm depressed, it takes a lot to cheer me up. A double rainbow falls in that category, I suppose, because it gave me hope. I don't know why, but I stared at it until it was out of sight.

I've always thought in shades of black, grey, white and a crude crimson. Now, I'm beginning to think that perhaps the rest of the spectrum is there for a reason, or else rainbows would be like zebra crossings.

Maybe it's time to let the colors in. After all, I do believe in signs, and I can't visualize a more obvious sign than a double rainbow. ;)

P.S: On a lighter, less pseudo-philosophical note, the rainbow reminded me of the viral Youtube video in which a stoned guy cries over a double rainbow. Too bad I was all out of Coke. XD

7 comments:

  1. DOUBLE RAINBOWS! I ENVY YOU!!!

    "or else rainbows would be like zebra crossings."
    this is funny :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... *cough*sensingsuicidaltendencies*cough*
    Ahaha, but really, I hope the sign really does mean something. Something good, let's pray... So that I can piss all OVER it! :P JK. *winkwink*
    Really though, IT'll all be alright.
    Double Meanings FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA thankyou Shehroz. :D
    Hurriya HAHAHAHA double entendres galore xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great for a start :)
    Welcome to blogger!

    Let the colors in, you will feel beautiful. :)
    There are strokes besides black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Komal :)
    I'll try to do just that.
    and A, I don't think so. :P

    ReplyDelete